Thursday 18 February 2010






Firstly, apologies once again, long time no post.

The first picture and subsequent 3 double page spreads are for a uni project. We were given a list of titles for an 8 page booklet, from which I chose 'American Taxidermist.' The choice of black and white was mainly down to time, but I think this may be the first 'comic' I've done that I actually like.






These next two are from my most recent uni project, designing characters for a cut out theatre.



self portrait with customary trees



portrait of my brother as a hipster fool...



I started a sketchbook about a month or so ago that I wanted to keep to purely ink drawings. Surprisingly I finished it within a month. It's mostly studies from photos and life, although a few of the faces and the weird monk are from me noggin. These are what I consider selected highlights...













1 comment:

Sukh said...

INCREDIBLE inks! I love all the location and faces sketches. This update was worth the long wait :p

I got some ink yesterday and some sort of cheap bamboo brush. Are you using a pen for the faces?